Full Time Job
CMI, a Premiere Digital Company provides digital delivery services (i.e., encoding, storage, multiple file processing and delivery) for video streaming platforms and in-flight entertainment (IFE) applications. CMI also offers digital cinema packages so that each client’s international content is delivered securely. With offices in Stamford, CT, Los Angeles and Bangalore, CMI runs stands by its world class business performance. Together with industry leaders like Google, Apple, NBC Universal, Microsoft, Disney, Warner Brothers and more, we work to revolutionize media delivery at the forefront of entertainment technology and software services.
About the Role
The Digital Media Technician is primarily responsible for validating assets according to service specifications and the distribution (delivery) of content to broadcasters and digital service providers. Each Digital Media Technician should be a quick learner, highly organized, a motivated self-starter and possess a discriminating eye for detail.
• Quickly comprehend technical specifications and apply that understanding on a daily basis
• Monitor and parse a high volume and time sensitive order queue
• Ensure source assets are restored and conformed as required
• Validate metadata, image, video, audio and timed text media assets against a variety of client and internal specifications
• Package source assets and metadata as per servicing profile specifications
• Communicate and document internal rejections to the appropriate teams
• Verify integrity of deliverables and delivery package prior to servicing
• Maintain servicing action logs as needed
• Succinctly and efficiently handoff projects with next-up shifts
• Operate with a high sense of urgency and discretion
• Other tasks as needed to meet project deadlines
• Understanding of various media formats such as video, audio, image and timed text.
• Understanding of industry format standards such as PAL, NTSC, timecode, framerate, codec, audio settings/configurations, metadata (title and technical – html, xml), Frame Rate Conversions, captions, subtitles, forced Narrative, SDH, Audio Normalization Guidelines, Media Transfer Mechanisms (Aspera, Signiant, etc), Media Content Protection, UHD HDR, 4K, 6K (Dolby Vision / HDR10), and SOP Security Protocols.
• Understand media encoding, transcoding, and file transfer protocols
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate and collaborate with all levels of personnel
• Strong data entry and proofreading skills
• Highly organized and be able to work with minimal supervision, escalating when needed
• Proficient with both Mac and PC operating systems.
• Comfortable with change and able to adapt as workflow flexes to the meet the needs of our clients
• Strong ability to multitask multiple projects at one time.
?High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience: Minimum of 1 years’ experience in working at an Entertainment or Media company.
*This position is based in Stamford, CT 06902 and is an in-office-based position.
**This position is a 10am-6:30pm shift, Monday-Friday, overtime may be requested as needed.
*** Salary for this position is $20 per hour
**** NO PHONE CALLS, OUTSIDE AGENCIES OR RECRUITERS
We offer competitive pay and benefits programd including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), student loan repayment and more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Premiere Digital Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
?????Salary – $20 – $22 per hour