Full Time Job
Do you have production experience? We are looking for a Director of Visual Effects! This position is responsible for coordinating, planning and directing all aspects of visual effects budgets for Paramount Pictures as directed by the Visual Effects department head. We are hiring now!
to include, but not limited to:
• Handle VFX Budget for assigned pictures
• Read, breakdown, and budget all scripts that come in for review
• Negotiate crew deals
• Handle vendors
• Lead special equipment requirements
• Liaise with Legal in papering VFX contracts
• Liaise with Filmmakers
• Liaise with Co-Financed Productions Studio counterparts (i.e. Warner Bros)
• Run technical presentations
• Review VFX vendor bids to check technical methodologies and price structure for all pictures
• Review dailies on all pictures
• Handle VFX Awards submissions (Academy, British Academy, and Visual Effects Society)
• Participate in all meetings requiring VFX attendance
• Sign off on approval for all VFX expenditures
• Travel for any picture events requiring VFX studio attendance
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
• Minimum 10 years relevant work experience
• Experience in Visual Effects Production environment
• Able to read, understand financial plans and budgets
• Strong PC skills
• Superior skills in problem-solving, time-management, multi-tasking, and operating in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to flex both work and communication style in order to transition fluidly between working independently and using team assets
• Great communication and presentation skills
• Ability to successfully handle multiple projects and responsibilities under pressure with minimal supervision is critical
• Ability to work flexible hours is necessary
Paramount Global is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount Global, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount Global is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.