Full Time Job
This Company is an Oscar nominated and EMMY award-winning production company creating non-scripted documentaries, live events, and branded content for film, television, and digital platforms. We’re looking for a strong, in-house Gear & Equipment Coordinator to become an integral part of our Production team in our dog friendly, Westside office. This is an ideal position for someone with experience maintaining and troubleshooting gear and equipment and a vast knowledge base, as well someone with strong organizational skills. This role is suited for a individual looking to move into a full-time role in a Production facility who is looking to be part of a well built and ever growing team. We currently have 30+ active projects (docu-series / unscripted / commercials) with Amazon, HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Hulu and are searching for a confident self-starter with interest in the industry.
The Coordinator, Equipment/Gear is tasked with fulfilling the needs of the day-to-day equipment and gear check-outs and requests, as well as upkeep and maintenance of all company-owned equipment as deemed by Production needs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manage the entire inventory of production gear and technical equipment in possession of the Film Forties and log/catalog all gear through Rental Works;
– Lead the coordination and tracking of all rental, leased and company production equipment;
– Available during business hours to answer questions or concerns from the field, as well as offer technical resolution or troubleshooting. Available after hours on emergency basis or by request;
– Clean, maintain, and perform minor repairs to all gear;
– Send gear for repairs which are not able to be fixed in-house and coordinate with vendors to negotiate timelines and cost;
– Prepare job quotes to requesting Line Producers to source equipment and gear to accommodate production based on internal pricing;
– Consult with Producers, AC’s, DP’s regarding potential and required equipment needed for production;
– Source gear through outside vendors which cannot be sourced through internal inventory; perform comparative pricing research to present to EVP, Production & Operations for approval; as well as source gear in other cities for remote shoots upon request;
– Create invoices and manage billing to Production for the gear rentals and purchases;
– Compile and perform equipment tutorials via FaceTime, video demonstrations, conference calls, and written instruction;
– Perform tests on all equipment and gear upon deploy and return to the building to ensure all gear is in working condition, continues to be dependable, and does not require repair;
– Perform equipment research to either replace and add to internal inventory to determine cost, potential usage, reliability, and compatibility with existing inventory.;
– Purchase equipment to add to internal inventory; perform comparative pricing research before purchase. Pricing and purchasing to be approved by EVP, Production & Operations;
– Purchase and maintain expendables; Assist Production in procuring expendables for the extent of the shoot.
Education and Work Experience:
– Minimum High School Diploma;
– Two to three years of on-set production experience is preferred either in Television Production as a Camera Technician or Assistant Camera – Operator; or experience in a Rental House
– Knowledge of Rental Works, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
– The hours for this position are typically 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM unless changed due to domestic travel or additional job functions per request of Production. Hours can be temporarily adjusted with applicable notice;
– This position demands a highly organized and detail-minded candidate with the ability to recall details about shoots and specified needs, equipment information, and inventory;
– A working knowledge of technical and mechanical terminology;
– Knowledge of production equipment and its various functions;
– This position requires steady email and phone correspondence;
– The ability to communicate with in-house staff, field staff and various vendors to resolve needs and requests, as well as plan future shoots, and occasional trouble shooting;
– This position must have a flexible schedule as production needs and equipment requests vary from day to day;
– Light managerial experience may be beneficial to the position.
– This position requires heavy physical demands not limited to lifting equipment and Pelican cases up to 75 pounds;
– This position requires the occasional use of hazardous chemicals and cleaning agents;
– This position may require long periods of time spent driving in both a company and personal vehicle, as well as cross-town travel and occasional cross-country trips;
– This position works in an ever-changing environment that may include corporate offices, warehouses and off-site locations;
– Must be willing to submit a background check;
– Must have work authorization to work in the United States.
Full-time position in hybrid working environment. Unlimited vacation; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, parental leave, 401k, volunteer days, etc.; dog-friendly office.