The big stories leaked out quick, but NXT’s July 21 taping at the Capitol Wrestling Center is now in the books and more complete results are being shared around the internet.
WWE taped two episodes last night, presumably since these shows will air on SyFy while Olympics coverage takes over their regular network, USA.
– Pete Dunne & Oney Lorcan def. Timothy Thatcher & Tommaso Ciampa. Ridge Holland returned after the match and helped the winner beat down the losers.
– Samoa Joe came to the ring to offer General Manager William Regal his resignation as Enforcer so he could get a match with Karrion Kross. Regal wanted to fire his champion for his attacks on the authority figures, but agreed to Joe’s plan. They signed the paperwork for Joe vs. Kross at the Aug. 22 TakeOver.
– Carmelo Hayes def. Josh Briggs in a Breakout Tournament First Round match
– Raquel González & Dakota Kai hit the ring to talk about how González has cleared out the women’s division, and how no one will take the Women’s title from her as long as Kai has her back. Dakota then surprised her partner with an attack and posed with the belt; she was cheered by the CWC crowd.
– Kacy Catanzaro & Kayden Carter def. Franky Monet & Jessi Kamea (w/ Robert Stone)
– Imperium (Marcel Barthel & Fabian Aichner) def. Hit Row (Top Dolla & Ashante “Thee” Adonis) thanks to a distraction from Legado Del Fantasma
– Adam Cole def. Bronson Reed. Kyle O’Reilly attacked Cole with a chair after the match.
– Ridge Holland (w/ Pete Dunne and Oney Lorcan) def. Ikemen Jiro. Dunne did a promo on Ciampa & Thatcher afterwards.
– Indi Hartwell received a drawing from Dexter Lumis backstage. Johnny Gargano & Candice LeRae were upset, and it was announced Gargano would face Lumis later. If Johnny wins, Dexter has to stop whatever it is he has going on with Indi.
– Roderick Strong def. Bobby Fish
– Grizzled Young Veterans (Zack Gibson & James Drake) def. Million Dollar champion LA Knight & Cameron Grimes. Knight walked out on his “butler” during the match; Ted DiBiase returned to console Grimes.
– Trey Baxter def. Joe Gacy in a Breakout Tournament First Round match
– Hit Row (Top Dolla & Ashante “Thee” Adonis) def. Legado del Fantasma (Raul Mendoza & Joaquin Wilde) via disqualification. The DQ came when Santos Escobar attacked with a steel chair. LDF then beat down North American champ Isaiah “Swerve” Scott until Hit Row recovered and ran them off.
– Kross was out for a promo, but was interrupted by Joe. Joe beat up some security guards trying to get at the champ, who bailed. This was reportedly re-taped after the crowd chanted “Hardy” at Kross.
– Johnny Gargano def. Dexter Lumis in a “Love Her or Lose Her” match. Hartwell was upset but went to leave with The Way, then changed her mind and ran to the ring. She & Lumis shared a kiss and left together.