The 6th Inning is here in MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty. Going into things, we did find out who all three bosses were before launch, and I think it’s fair to say waiting until today to release 99 overall Pedro Martinez was a good call. This is a card I have been looking forward to, even with us getting two previous Pedro diamonds, and I’m stoked he’s finally in the player pool. Joining Signature Series Pedro Martinez is Awards George Brett and Milestone Matt Kemp. The final reward here at 650K XP remains the 90+ overall Live series diamond (just like last month). We do get a 2021 All-Star Game pack and Home Run Derby pack towards the end of the program as well. This new program will end 28 days from now, and the three new bosses will be available at 350,000 XP.
— MLB The Show (@MLBTheShow) August 27, 2021
Looking at the bosses, I do think it’s fair to consider them “slight” disappointments in the grand scheme of things. Signature Series Pedro Martinez does not become the de-facto best SP in the game. I would argue he’s probably in the running, but Nolan Ryan and Justin Verlander both have cases that probably beat his out, and deGrom probably only goes below him due to lacking certain pitch types. I would put Pedro in with Felix Hernandez and Lefty Grove in that tier right below Verlander/Ryan. He has 102 H/9, a 20 mph difference between his fastball and circle change, plus he has a sinker. He also has 99 control of his 4-seam and change, and his lowest control is the 84 attached to his curveball.
With George Brett, I think it’s more of the same here. I don’t put him above Chipper Jones or Mike Schmidt at 3B, but he’s probably in the running from there on out as the best player right outside the top-top tier. Brett has 124 contact vs. RHP, 121 vision, 84 fielding, and then 69 speed. His power is not insane, but he’s a really good all-around player who can also play 1B if needed.
Matt Kemp is a little trickier to talk about. He is arguably the best at his position if we only factor in primary position. It’s easy to make a case he’s the best “pure” CF in the game now, but it’s also easy to argue he’s not a top three outfielder if we take secondary positions into account. The best outfield you can throw out there probably has Vlad Sr. and Mookie Betts, but you can move Mookie to 2B, and then it becomes a toss up between a whole bunch of players for who makes up the other two spots — and the list would include Kemp. Kemp has 109 contact vs. RHP and 125 power vs. LHP, 69 vision, 87 speed, and 92 stealing. He’s not the greatest defensive center fielder, but his hitting stats are far and away the best at that primary position. If we’re talking pure “value” here, then Kemp is probably the boss pick.
Now, let’s get to the rest of the program.
MLB The Show 21 6th Inning Program Guide
This will be added in the coming days
The first Conquest map is the Spiral map. You need to steal 3 million fans en route to capturing the 6 strongholds.
This map is worth 25,000 XP.
There are the usual three online missions, but we do get our first sighting here of the Extra Innings missions here at the launch of the new program. And, of course, more missions will be added throughout the program.
- Competitive Dubs – Win 10 games in online modes (7,500 XP)
- Extra Innings Dubs – Win 5 games in Extra Innings single-player mode (7,500 XP)
- Milestone Moments – Tally 9 innings pitched with any Milestone Series pitchers in online modes (5,000 XP)
- Extra Innings Milestone Moments – Tally 20 innings pitched with any Milestone Series pitchers in Extra Innings single-player mode (5,000 XP)
- MVP Moves – Score 12 runs with any Awards Series players in online modes (5,000 XP)
- Extra Innings MVP Moves – Score 24 runs with any Awards Series players in Extra Innings single-player mode (5,000 XP)
Collections And Moments
Note: For any old player programs from prior Innings, they still exist if you have not completed them yet. However, you won’t get the XP for “collecting” the cards in the new Inning, nor do you get XP for the prior Inning Program anymore once it is gone.
First player program arrives next week.
As for inning collections:
6th Inning Collection – Collect all three 5th Inning Bosses (50,000 XP)
Bosses And Rewards
Here are the three Bosses at 350,000 XP, plus their quirks:
Click to view slideshow.
- Milestone Matt Kemp
- Signature Series Pedro Martinez
- Awards George Brett
Here is the first set of players you get in a diamond choice pack. You only get one bite at this apple:
Click to view slideshow.
- Signature Series Joakim Soria
- Milestone Dexter Fowler
- Prime Gio Gonzalez
It’s hard to look at any player but that Soria as the pick here.
The second set of players you get to choose from comes from a diamond Classics choice pack. You will only get one bite at this apple as well.
Click to view slideshow.
- Finest Lorenzo Cain
- Postseason Patrick Corbin
- Finest Aaron Nola
This will be the second and third Finest cards to release, and it’s getting closer to Finest season, so I expect we’ll see even more of them soon. All three cards look pretty “average” by Flashback standards, so I think you could pick any one of the three.
Here are the main rewards:
- 5,000 XP – Diamond bat skin, 1,500 stubs
- 10,000 XP – The Show pack (x5)
- 17,500 XP – Universal profile nameplate, 3,000 stubs
- 25,000 XP – Headliners pack (x2)
- 32,500 XP – Diamond unlockables choice pack, 3,000 stubs
- 40,000 XP – Diamond batting glove
- 45,000 XP – Diamond shoe
- 55,000 XP – Ballin’ Is A Habit pack (x2)
- 70,000 XP – Diamond home run call
- 85,000 XP – The Show pack (x10)
- 100,000 XP – 6th Inning player choice pack
- 115,000 XP – Kansas City Royals Alternate Home 1 uniform, 5,000 stubs
- 130,000 XP – Headliners pack (x2)
- 145,000 XP – Gold Ballplayer choice pack
- 160,000 XP – Ballin’ Is A Habit pack (x2)
- 175,000 XP – 6th Inning Classics pack
- 190,000 XP – Universal profile icon, 5,000 stubs
- 205,000 XP – Diamond stadium sound
- 220,000 XP – Headliners Set 32 pack
- 235,000 XP – Gold Ballplayer choice pack
- 250,000 XP – Diamond bat skin
- 270,000 XP – The Show pack (x5)
- 290,000 XP – Diamond legend icon choice pack, 5,000 stubs
- 310,000 XP – Headliners Set 33 pack
- 330,000 XP – Boston Red Sox Home 1990 uniform, 5,000 stubs
- 350,000 XP – 6th Inning Boss choice pack
- 380,000 XP – Gold Ballplayer choice pack
- 410,000 XP – Classic Stadium choice pack
- 440,000 XP – The Show pack (x10)
- 470,000 XP – Los Angeles Alternate uniform, 5,000 stubs
- 500,000 XP – Ballin’ Is A Habit pack (x5)
- 530,000 XP – Diamond Ballplayer choice pack
- 560,000 XP – 2021 All-Star Game pack
- 590,000 XP – 2021 Home Run Derby pack
- 620,000 XP – The Show pack (x20)
- 650,000 XP – 90+ Live Series player
The post MLB The Show 21: 6th Inning Program Guide and Overview appeared first on Operation Sports.