The Paramount Multiplatform Production Group is seeking freelance Production Managers in New York for upcoming project-based opportunities. Candidates must be physical production experts with the ability to manage projects both large and small. The Production Manager should be capable of working as a project lead and also in direct partnership with line producers and production executives.
Experience with commercial promos, image campaigns, still photography (key art, gallery, unit photography), digital web series, and linear extension content is a must. Candidates should exercise good judgment, show initiative, and be a team player.
• Manages and develops production plans in partnership with the LP/Producer
• Hires crew and clearly defines rates and working conditions
• Effectively communicates key information to cast and crew including call times, schedules, call sheets, location information, etc.
• Provides constant feedback to producers and alerts them to foreseeable conflicts or logistical challenges.
• Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of production coordinator(s) and/or production assistant(s) both staff and freelance
• Follows the budget set by the producer and is responsible for maintaining all logs (PO, PC, Payroll, etc.) via Showbiz or Movie Magic budgeting
• Ensures that agreements, contracts, and releases are fully executed
• Creates budget estimates and acts as line producer on shoots as required
• Works with cross functional partners: Business and Legal Affairs (BALA), Risk Management, Finance, Safety, Labor Relations (inclusive of all union entities: DGA, AFTRA, IA, and Teamsters), Production Technologies, Human Resources, MML, Music and Talent and Employment Law
• Oversees COVID protocols and planning including coordination of testing and on set safety measures
• Consults with Paramount legal teams and follows internal guidance and processes to limit liability exposure to ViacomCBS
• Generates final cost reporting and actualizing of production budgets
• Manages project travel logistics for internal staff, cast and crew
• Facilitates vendor setup within ARIBA system and submits/confirms purchase orders and invoices
• Prepares and process payroll paperwork for cast and crew via EP Payroll or Cast and Crew Payroll
• Prepares T&E reconciliations for p-cards and corporate cards through Concur
• Fields inquiries from vendors regarding invoices, payments, and/or vendor setup
• Maintains documentation on team’s shared drive
• Maintains and expands rolodex of highly qualified crew and department heads
• Maintains, seeks, and supports a diverse workforce and vendor pool
• Research, curate, and develop relationships with vendors, while continually analyzing cost efficiencies
• Maintains potential filming locations and studios in the US
• Manages project wrap out and budget actualization
• Archives materials and information per group procedures on shared drive
• Fulfills other duties and tasks as requested by the project lead or supervisor
• BA/BS Degree preferred
• Ability to work in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Professional, self-motivated, results-oriented with a ”can do” attitude
• Must be able to travel, mainly domestically, some international possible
• 6 Years + physical production management experience
• Able to respond after business hours to urgent and timely issues
• Able to maintain confidential information
• Inquisitive and willing to continue learning
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office, Showbiz and Movie Magic budgeting, EP Payroll, with ability become proficient in OneDrive, Ariba, Concur, and Market
• Willingness to take calculated risks and think out of the box while communicating intentions to stakeholders.