Full Time Job
The team behind the #1 Primetime Cable News Program, Tucker Carlson Tonight, is looking for a dedicated & experienced Senior Producer & Head of Booking to lead the booking unit for all three programs produced by Team Tucker.
We strive for compelling, qualified, and unique guests who are experienced and knowledgeable in a wide range of areas, spanning the political, cultural, historical, and current events realms, dependent on the top stories of the day. You must be able to lead the booking unit, taking initiative while working swiftly and efficiently under pressure. As a Senior Producer who also helms the booking unit, you should not only have a strong handle on the themes and stories which are unique to the flagship primetime cable news program, Tucker Carlson Tonight, and who and how is best to cover those, but also generate new and ”out of the box” ideas to contribute to bringing our audience what they depend on when tuning in: content and coverage of stories they won’t find anywhere else. You will also oversee all booking operations for Fox Nation’s flagship programming which includes our interview talk show, Tucker Carlson Today, and our documentary series, Tucker Carlson Originals.
The perfect candidate must be a self-starter, well-read in all the major newspapers, podcasts, and political blogs, and have an understanding of how government operates, and more importantly, the broader, lasting implications of lawmakers’ decisions. You should also be familiar with Tucker Carlson programming and be able to lead the team’s efforts across all three of our programs. As a Senior Producer, you will have a prominent role in shaping the editorial direction of Tucker Carlson programming at Fox News Media.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the booking unit responsible for guest bookings on all three Tucker programs at Fox News Media
• Be able to identify and determine the best guest to convey their viewpoint while delivering a substantive and purposeful segment to the audience
• Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live show, while also assisting in ensuring there is a healthy ”look ahead” in terms of future bookings and in managing long-term bookings for all programs
• Strategize with your team on the best booking approaches
• Strategize with other Senior Producers and leaders on programming
• Have a passion for current events and the news – and remain in tune with the day’s lead stories, while thinking more broadly as to how they fit in the past, present, and future news landscape
• Be able to balance and prioritize the immediate needs inherent in the production of the nightly program alongside the demands and attention deserved for long-term efforts and plans
• Work well both independently and in a team environment, with a positive and earnest attitude
• Maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment where changes happen minute to minute, hour by hour
• Oversee scheduling of guest travel to our studios for Tucker Carlson Today programs
• Manage the booking unit, including work/vacation scheduling and continued career growth and development of both junior and more experienced team members
• Take a role in travel budget oversight as it applies to both employees and guests
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience
• 5+ years of experience in television
• Extensive Rolodex and can book everyone from high-profile guests, celebrities, and people at the center of major news stories
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong editorial judgment and newsgathering skills
• A passion for current events
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where changes happen minute to minute, hour by hour
• Willingness and ability to work under tight deadline pressures
• Previous booking and producing experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.