Full Time Job
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-orienteted mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we’re a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we’re committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
VP, Head of Product
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Chappell Global Strategic Integration and Operations (SI&O) team is a small but mighty team focused on delivering and implementing business objectives. Working closely with our global leaders, we are responsible for driving and embedding our global business strategy. Technology is a very important part of our strategy, developing systems and products to amplify our business. This will be Warner Chappell Music’s (WCM’s) first Head of Product role and will report to the SI&O leader.
You will spearhead the innovative vision for WCM products by developing and maintaining a prioritized strategic product development roadmap, developed in partnership with business leaders around the world. You will drive business alignment and buy-in on product strategy. This role will elevate the Product Owner function within WCM, by actively championing its value and promoting its awareness and understanding of product capabilities within WCM and WMG broadly.
Here you’ll get to:
• Develop and lead a high-performing, seasoned team of Product Owners to further WCM business goals and objectives through integrated product strategies.
• Help connect Product Owners and respective product strategies into a comprehensive roadmap that helps to integrate all priorities and related activities.
• Coach Product Owners to share and collaborate across best practices and help provide consistent service delivery to WCM.
• Partner with WMG’s Global Technology Team to balance technical vision, feature enhancements, maintenance, and product roadmap delivery.
• Ensure product launches meet the business goals and objectives as well as provide quality user experience.
• Develop business cases for corporate investment by highlighting each product’s business value proposition, showing financial results of scaling the solution, and delivering a payback for the investment.
• Oversee product adoption, including respective change management, training, planning, and execution.
• Partner with WMG’s Recorded Music division to maintain awareness of systems being developed and licenses being signed or used in our sister company. Look for ways to align where it makes sense.
• Lead communications across the top projects so that executives, all territories, and employees have visibility into status and what is to come
• Review old/outdated WCM systems to determine how we roll off them
• Define objectives and key results (OKRs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) for products, ensuring the respective monitoring and forecasting.
• Represent the vision of WCM Technology during monthly and quarterly portfolio review meetings.
• Understand market trends or tech changes within the industry and provide guidance on how our portfolio can become and remain progressive
• 10+ years of Portfolio/Product Management or Product Development leadership experience
• Must have experience working on global products
• Strong use of business analytics, both quantitative and qualitative to drive product innovation
• Must have a collaborative approach
• No ego as it relates to who does what
• Subscribe to a lean-in and roll up your sleeves to get it done mentality
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work
• Customer focus – (WCM business as the customer)
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter – the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music – where songwriters are heard.
About Warner Music Group: With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ”Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.[more…]